Bicycling & Walking in the United States
- Highlights from the 50th Edition of National Transportation Statistics
- NEW STATE TRANSPORTATION ALTERNATIVES FUNDING FACT SHEETS
- FIRST FEDERAL DATA ON PANDEMIC-ERA BIKE COMMUTING
- TRAFFIC FATALITIES PER PERSON IN THE UNITED STATES AND OTHER COUNTRIES
- DATA ON DATA.BIKELEAGUE.ORG EASIER TO USE THAN EVER
About the Benchmarking Project
The Benchmarking Project is a project of the League of American Bicyclists and the CDC’s Active People, Healthy Nation initiative. It continues work started by the Alliance for Biking and Walking in 2007, and published through six editions of physical reports. As a website, this ongoing project is intended to be a guide to publicly available data on bicycling and walking, and the public policy that supports creating a healthy, active America through bicycling and walking. We hope you enjoy the data and discussions in this report.
This website builds upon the 2018 report, with updated data as it becomes available.