Bicyclists should be expected on roadways, except where prohibited, and on shared use paths. Safe, convenient, well-designed, well-maintained facilities… are important to accommodate and encourage bicycling.
AASHTO Bike Guide, introduction, page 1-1 to 1-2.
IN THIS CHAPTER
The Benchmarking Report compiles data from a variety of sources. Use the Appendix to learn about the sources used in the Benchmarking Report and the surveys that were used to report data that was not available from other sources.
- STATE SURVEY
- COMMUNITY SURVEY
- ALTERNATIVE MINIMUM BENCHMARKING SURVEY FOR CITIES
- DATA SOURCES USED FOR COMMUNITY SURVEY DATA
- ADDITIONAL DATA ON BIKESHARE IN COMMUNITIES
- POPULATIONS OF BENCHMARKING CITIES
- OVERVIEW OF DATA SOURCES
- NATIONAL DATA SOURCES ON BIKING & WALKING
- FIND YOUR ANGLE QUESTIONNAIRES